- 3 – 4 kg. Cabbage (medium sizes)
- 1 lt. Water (to boil 5 cups of cabbage)
- ½ kg. Mince
- 160 gr. Onion (Medium size)
- 125 gr. Tomato (1 medium size) or half a cup of tomato paste
- ½ bunch of Parsley
- 140 gr. Rice (2 coffee cups)
- 60 gr. Olive oil (3 tablespoons)
- 400 ml. Broth or Water (2 cups)
- Salt and Pepper
* Carefully tear off the leaves of cabbage, remove it from the root part.
* In a large saucepan, add 5 cups of water, leave to boil and put cabbage leaves for 5 – 10 minutes.
* In a bowl, thoroughly knead minced meat, grated onions, rice, grated tomatoes, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper and half a bunch of chopped parsley.
* Cut the thick portions of the cabbage leaves, put them on a clean surface, place them in a 2-finger-thick minced mortar into the thick part of the leaf.
* First, fold the side edges of the cabbage leaf over the mince.
* Then, starting from the thick edge of the cabbage, wrap it in a roll and place it in the pot so that the end edge of the wrapper is at the bottom (not to open when cooking).
* Apply this process to all the leaves and put 2 cups of broth in the pot, cook first about high heat, then about 40 minutes on low heat.
* Serve hot.
* Enjoy your meal.